Prepare Your Hair Salon, Spa, Or Barbershop Business for A Safe Reopening After The COVID-19 Shelter-In-Place Is Lifted
Salons, spas, and barbershops will soon be reopening after the shelter-in-place mandates are lifted. This does not mean that the threat of COVID-19 is over. Our lives will not be the same for some time. Beauty professionals are eagerly awaiting the day when they can get back to work doing what they love but we also need to understand that this comes with great responsibility. We still have a long road ahead of us with this virus and the threat it imposes upon ourselves and our dear clients. So how do we get back to work and stay safe?
How to prepare your beauty establishment for safety with the coronavirus threat. Here are some tips that will help protect your staff and your salon guests.
1. Prior to reopening take this opportunity to declutter and thoroughly clean and sanitize your beauty establishment. SPRING CLEANING!!!!
2. Have sanitizer for your clients to use at the front entrance, next to each bathroom door, on each stylist station and in each treatment room.
3. After each client, wipe down the complete workstation including; chairs, shampoo bowls, and treatment tables.
4. Space out workstations by leaving an empty station in between each occupied station this can be done by creating shifts that alternate which stylists are working at any given time. This should also be done in the shampoo bowl area to create a six-foot distance between clients.
5. Wear a mask while in the salon with clients and if possible wear an N95 mask but any mask will help to protect you. We recommend that you provide a surgical mask for each client this will also help to protect you as a service provider.
6. Wash your hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds in between clients.
7. Only use disposable cups for beverages that you provide to your clients.
8. Send your clients a clear message with their confirmation that you take their health and safety with the utmost seriousness. Communicate a clear policy that clients reschedule any of their appointments if they have been exposed to someone who is sick with COVID-19 and or if they are not feeling well. This is for the safety of all.
9. Selfcare is now more important than ever. Keep your immune system up by getting lots of rest, eating well, exercising, and taking your vitamins.
Taking these measures will show your team and clients just how much you care about their safety. We will all get through this. Together we are strong! Stay safe beauty tribe!